Sligo Town is a 10-minute drive from Castle Dargan Estate.
How far is Castle Dargan Estate from the airport?
Knock Airport is a 43 minute drive from Castle Dargan Estate (47 km).
Dublin Airport is a 2.5 hour drive from Castle Dargan Estate (207 km).
Shannon Airport is 2.5 hour dive from Castle Dargan Estate (200km).
Is Castle Dargan Estate wheelchair-friendly?
Yes, the hotel is wheelchair-friendly.
We have specific rooms that we can allocate for wheelchair users.
Are there onsite parking facilities?
Yes, there is onsite parking facilities at Castle Dargan Estate.
What time is room check-in?
Room check-in is at 3pm.
What time is room check out?
Room check out is at 12pm.
Is there a swimming pool on-site?
Unfortunately there is no swimming pool on-site.
There is a golf course, driving range and spa here at the hotel.
Are pets welcome in the hotel?
Unfortunately the hotel is not pet friendly.
Are there clubs available for the driving range?
Yes, you can get the clubs at the golf shop.
All equipment hire can be got at the golf shop.
If I am staying in the hotel, can I use the Icon Spa?
Facilities are for the use of guests with booked treatments.
We do advise booking appointments to avoid disappointment.
Things to Do and Places to Stay
Health and Safety
Covid-19 Policies and Procedures.
As Covid-19 has changed our perception on how we interact in social settings moving forward, we very much acknowledge that your Health and Safety during your stay is our number 1 priority.
Therefore, we here at Castle Dargan Estate have implemented a new set of policies in our general terms, conditions and stringent procedures operationally ensuring peace of mind and comfort throughout your entire stay.
We fully appreciate that certain measures may cause initial inconvenience however, for us to proactively move forward we must work together by adhering to these new terms.
These are as follows:
• Making use of our sanitising stations located throughout the Hotel and washing your hands regularly
• Making reservations for breakfast, lunch, dinner and to our Spa prior to or at check-in
• Observe social distancing with other guests and staff. Note, signage will be visible throughout the premises.
• Parents must always supervise and remain present with children
• We would encourage the use of credit/debit cards for all transactions. This is not compulsory with cash accepted in all departments should it be necessary
• Respect the guidance or advise issued by management and staff while staying with us
• If you see any form of poor practice from other customers or indeed a member of the team, report to hotel management immediately.
Please understand that this for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests and to ensure that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us at Castle Dargan Estate.
We have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of our new Castle Dargan Covid-19 Co-Operative that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
General Cleaning Policy
• Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
• We have a long running relationship with Hygiene Excellence and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Fáilte Ireland standards to our hotel guest rooms, public areas and staff areas
• We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
• HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene at Castle Dargan Estate and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
• Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door, at the entrance into restaurant, bar and the Spa etc. You are asked to avail of them.
• Use of the lifts will be restricted to those with mobility challenges and guests are encouraged to take the stairs. Should the lift be an absolute requirement, limit the capacity to 2 at any time and use sanitising gel immediately after.
• All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures will be asked to stay home.
• Team members to change into uniform in the hotel and undertake our sanitisation procedure before entering their work zone.
• We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
• Gloves to be worn entering and exiting the hotel.
• Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered, and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance.
• Regular Diversity Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
• Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as our team in accommodation and the laundry. Enhanced training will be provided to protect their well-being.
• Individual work kits will be provided depending on department, for example,. restaurant staff kits to include individual order docket book, biro, service cloths, wipes and gloves.
• Before checking in to Castle Dargan estate you will be temperature checked and if this is normal you can proceed to the reception desk to check in. If this proves to be elevated, you will need to contact your doctor, and unfortunately, you may have to be refused check in to the Hotel in the interests of public health.
• At reception, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation stations inside the front door and at the front desk and please observe social distancing of 2 metres.
• At check in you will not need to touch anything other than the pin-pad, questionnaire with sanitized pen and your key card wallet. .
• You’ll notice a change to our reception desk to safeguard the team and you, our guest, as we install safety screens and there will be a 2m area marked out.
• Guests are encouraged to pre-book with us online. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
• For all payments, we will take card payments, and cash should it be a necessity.
• Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and directions to the stairs to access your room.
• Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find some things different. For example, we may no longer offer sanitary no tea/coffee making facilities, pens and paper as well as in room folders.
• Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, toilet flusher, taps, telephone and more.
• Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
• When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats, shower curtains and all amenities such glasses, coasters etc.
• All surfaces will be sprayed both vertically and horizontally with Evans and Eco Lab cleaning products and left so that the agents have time to work. They will then be cleaned down again paying attention to the high touch points.
• Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, and tissue boxes as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
• The whole room will be sprayed with sanitising solution and window left open.
• When the supervisor/ manager checks the room, (s)he will re-sanitise all high touch points again while doing so to ensure “double sanitisation”.
Dining with Us
• To maintain social distancing, you must make a reservation for breakfast, Lunch and dinner so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
• You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations to be located at entrance to our Restaurants upon entry and exit.
• Children must dine with parents at all times.
• Breakfast will be served from 7:30am to 11am (from 8am on Saturday and Sunday) and is only available by reservation. Please check in with the restaurant manager/supervisor on arrival.
• For breakfast, we will serve your breakfast items to the table
• We will practice social distancing by setting up tables 2m apart and ensuring, as best we can, that large groups are not all booked in the restaurant at any one time.
• We will be serving meals in four spaces – Hall Door Restaurant, the Courtyard, the Middleton Bar and The first floor of the Middleton Bar.
• We will use disposable items for single use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, jam, ketchup and salt and pepper sachets. We will not use linens on the table.
• Our team will play their part and each team member will have their own workstation and will maintain the appropriate distance when taking an order.
• Room service will also be available during this time but staff will not enter the room.
Serving of Alcohol
• Hotel bars will not be open in the traditional way, it will be a dispense bar/table service only. Guests will be served alcohol with their meal only at their table by their server.
• The Spa is open at limited times but some treatments and areas will not be available
• Opening times will vary and this will be confirmed on booking or arrival. Advanced booking is essential.
• You will need to pre-book your Spa treatments before arrival as slots are likely to be limited.
• Each guest is welcome to spend 45 minutes (max) in the Spa to ensure fair usage for everyone
• Guests will be provided with overshoes on arrival into the Leisure Centre.
• Our team will ensure that an ongoing hygiene regime is conducted.
• Changing facilities may not be available so we ask that guests please get changed in bedroom. Please bring your own robe or cover up. Towels will be available at the Spa. Please leave valuables in your bedroom safe.
• Sanitising station will be set-up at Spa reception, entrance and exit.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.