The Castle Dargan Estate driving range offers members and visitors alike an ideal environment to develop more skills on the mechanics of your swing, to ingrain a better tempo or rhythm, or maybe you might prefer to hit a few balls when you have a spare moment. Our resident PGA Advanced Professional Xavier and Head Greenkeeper Seweryn will be on hand to assist you on any queries or additional information you may require. - ONLY €2 for 25 balls!
• 4 Covered Bays
• 2 Outdoor Grass Tees
• Target Greens and Distance markers
• Ball dispenser
• Golf clubs are available from reception and the golf shop
Three good reasons to get on the Driving Range from our Resident PGA Advanced Professional Golfer, Xavier Medas:
1. It is a good way to warm up before accessing the golf course. Hitting golf balls is the most specific exercise to get your body and mind ready for the game.
2. You need to experiment, learn and perfect your swing! Nothing bad is going to happen if you hit a few bad shots on the range so it a perfect place to rehearse a few drills to get your swing where you want it to be.
3. It is a brilliant way to get back on track and maintain the “golfing groove”. The best players often find time to hit a few range balls after a game in the view to progress further. They say practice makes perfect, but if you are more into the theory of the swing, the Middleton Bar can be the best place to discuss your swing preferences…